Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Choroideremia Research Foundation.
Volunteers in the Contact A Retinal Specialist (C.A.R.S.) program make personal visits and distribute literature to local medical professionals to increase awareness of CHM. Contact Cory MacDonald by email or at 800-210-0233 ext. 1.
Fundraisers organize activities to raise money either online or in local communities. Event coordinators will also help distribute educational material and raise awareness of CRF’s work, goals and financial needs. Contact Cory MacDonald by email or at 800-210-0233 ext. 1.
Several different committees, comprised of both board members and non-board members, work to support the strategic plan and mission of CRF. Skills sought include:
- Publications and Communications – marketing, graphic design, video production and social media
- Audit/Finance – budgeting, investments, nonprofit accounting
- Conference – project management, organizational skills, decorating, administrative
- Patient Engagement – advocacy, social work, nursing, accessibility, accommodations
- Fundraising – sales, good phone and email skills, and a sparkling personality!
- Research – experience in healthcare, data analytics, and science
Contact Kathi Wagner by email or at 800-210-0233 ext. 5.
Add and update contact information for researchers, doctors and members in CRF’s customer relationship management (CRM) database. Solid typing and internet searching skills required. Experience with word processing and spreadsheets helpful. Training provided. Contact Kathi Wagner by email or at 800-210-0233 ext. 5.
Conference and Regional Meeting Assistance
CRF regularly hosts conferences and regional meetings throughout the US and internationally. Volunteers are needed on site to guide patients, stuff welcome bags, set-up, break-down and a variety of other tasks. Interested volunteers should contact Cory MacDonald by email or at 800-210-0233 ext. 1.